Especially if you want to sell your car, rendering it spotless clean on the interior and exterior is vital.
So, if a general refreshing of your car is necessary, I’m sure the following tips will help.
1. It’s always best to begin the cleanup of a car with the interior, and to be more specific, with a general de-scrambling. In other words, remove all the waste that has been accumulated, clean up the ashtrays, dispose of the food wrappers, paper coffee cups, empty water bottles etc. Also, remove other objects from the vehicle, like the first aid kit, pens, papers, GPS device, sunglasses, everything that can get in the way of the cleaning process.
2. The second step would be to clean up the small places and compartments inside the car that require minute attention and are usually prone to collect dirt, in other words, dashboard, cup board, steering wheel etc. These spots should be cleaned quite frequently, and there are specific cleaning products for them.
3. Vacuuming would be the next step. Most car owners have a small, hand vacuum cleaner and use it specially for the car, but in case you don’t, you can always use a regular one. Places that can’t be reached with a vacuum cleaner, or the dirt just sticks to them, can always be cleaned with a small brush. Also, here’s a useful tip: since carpets are the ones that collect the most dirt and stains, it’s not a bad idea to use inexpensive ones, to replace them more frequently.
4. In case your car has leather seats, needless to say it would be for the best to use a cleaning agent specific to leather.
5. Next come the car windows on the interior. On the inside, windows don’t usually accumulate a lot of dirt, so don’t use excessive amounts of detergent. In fact, you should spray a bit of detergent on a piece of cloth, rub the window gently, then spray the window with water from another bottle and wipe it dry with another piece of cloth.
6. Dealing with a bad odor in the car may sometimes be problematic, especially if you find air fresheners irritating. An excellent solution to eliminate a bad smell in the car is to place an open bag of charcoal in the car. Charcoal is one of the best natural products that you can use to absorb an unwanted odor, and you can still use it for barbecue afterwards.
7. Once the interior cleaning job is done, you can start with the outside, but a car wash usually does a good job for the price. If you want to, you can give it a gloss afterwards.
8. Lastly, having a complete car check, especially if you want to sell it, it’s a great idea. A specialist in car checks will surely provide you with information about your car that you were not aware of, or you’ve overlooked.